Richard J. Bene, MD, FACS
Dr. Bene grew up in Omaha, Nebraska and received his medical degree from the University of Kansas Medical Center. Dr. Bene also performed his internship and residency in general and plastic surgery at KU Medical Center, and completed a fellowship in hand and microsurgery at the University of Alabama, Birmingham.
Dr. Bene enjoys all aspects of plastic surgery, and is proficient in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Bene strives to balance patient expectations with achievable results.
Certifications and Affiliations:
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member of American College of Surgeons
- Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Certification in Hand Surgery
- Super Doctor in Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery: 2007 – 2008
Education and Training:
- University of Kansas School of Medicine
- University of Kansas Medical Center – Internship, General Surgery
- University of Kansas Medical Center – Residency, General and Plastic Surgery
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – Fellowship, Hand and Microsurgery