Kalila Steen, MD, FRCSC
Dr. Kalila Steen grew up in Pennsylvania where she attended Penn State University to complete her undergraduate degree. She was honored to be Student Marshal of the Eberly College of Science by earning a perfect grade point average throughout her four-year university education at Penn State. She obtained her medical degree from Queen’s University in Ontario and then completed her five-year plastic and reconstructive surgery residency at University of Toronto.
Dr. Steen is uniquely qualified as a double board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon in the United States and Canada, an accomplishment few surgeons achieve. Dr. Steen has diverse training and experience with cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. She has a special interest in cosmetic procedures, including drainless tummy tucks, liposuction, facelifts, eyelid procedures, breast augmentations, breast lifts, labiaplasties, and more.
She is known for producing natural results after cosmetic surgery. Dr Steen strongly believes in the importance of listening and collaborating with each patient to best understand how to meet his or her needs. She hopes to meet patient goals and expectations while always prioritizing safety and honesty.
Outside of medicine, she enjoys exploring Kansas City with her husband, and especially loves discovering new restaurants and strolling through the local parks. She also enjoys lifting weights and cooking delicious meals with her family.
- Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
Education and Training
- University of Toronto – Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Resident, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Queen’s University – MD, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Penn State University – BS in Pre-medicine with Honors in Music Performance
Leadership and Awards:
- American Association for Hand Surgery, Resident Award, 2018
- Letter of Commendation, Queen’s School of Medicine, 2014
- Received for honors level performance of clinical skill and patient advocacy
- Student Marshal, Eberly College of Science, Penn State University, 2011
- Highest grade point average of science undergraduates
- John White Graduate Fellowship Award, Penn State University, 2011
- One of four fellowships awarded annually to graduating seniors with the highest distinction
Get to know Dr. Steen, her background and why she loves being a part of patient’s journey here:
Q&A on Breast Augmentations with Dr. Kalila Steen. She answers questions relating to implant type, size, if you need to replace them every 10 years and other helpful information.
Q&A on Abdominoplasty Procedures with Dr. Kalila Steen. She answers questions about what it is, drain or no drain, recovery and more information helpful to your decision process.
Q&A on the Labiaplasty Procedure with Dr. Kalila Steen. She answers questions about the procedure, how to know if it’s right for you, recovery time and more.
Dr. Steen share information about a mini facelift available at Monarch Plastic Surgery.