Shawna VanLeeuwen, APRN-C
Shawna has been an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) for 10 years and provided nursing care for 20 years. Shawna has worked predominantly in cardiovascular care and developed a love for women’s health and weight management. Working with patients to lose weight to improve cardiovascular outcomes and increase overall health is her goal. Being overweight can affect many aspects of a person’s life from reducing the ability to be active to negatively impacting mental and physical health. Shawna strives to offer a safe environment to discuss your concerns and find the underlying cause of obesity. Your diet and medical plan will be tailored to your individual needs.
She earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing from the University of Kansas. Prior to joining Monarch, Shawna operated her own clinic and practice within Olathe Medical Center, offering weight management and aesthetic treatments.
Certifications and Affiliations:
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Aesthetic Medical Dermal Toxin Certificate
- Obesity Management in Primary Care Certificate
Education and Training:
- University of Kansas – Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- University of Kansas – Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner