Regina M. Nouhan, MD
Originally from St. Louis, Dr. Regina Nouhan earned her BA at the University of Virginia, and then achieved her medical degree at Washington University, where she subsequently did her general surgery residency. After finishing her Plastic Surgery fellowship at St. Louis University, she went on for an additional fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery at the highly-regarded Kleinert Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. She chose to settle in Kansas City, where she has received many accolades since her practice began in 1994.
Dr. Nouhan appreciates the diversity of her well-rounded practice, with particular interest in cosmetic surgery, breast and body-contouring surgery, hand surgery, and other reconstructive surgery. She stays current with the latest advances in plastic surgery, and takes pride in tailoring surgical solutions for each patient’s needs with both skill and sensitivity.
Dr. Nouhan is a Past-President of the Kansas City Plastic Surgery Society and has donated her time and expertise through medical missions in Croatia and the Philippines. She also volunteers locally, and has served several years on the Community Advisory Board for KCUR public radio, as well as given her time to several other community and public service groups. Her outside activities often focus on her avid interests in art and design, and these interests have a natural influence on her cosmetic surgery practice.
Dr. Nouhan was selected by her peers as an outstanding practicing physician in the Kansas City area. Following an extensive nomination and evaluation process conducted by MSP Communications, the results of this research were published in Kansas City Super Doctors®, a special section featured in the January 2015 issue of KC Magazine.
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Board Certified for Added Qualification in Hand Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member of American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of American Medical Association
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
Education and Training:
- Washington University School of Medicine
- Barnes and Jewish Hospital at Washington University – Residency, General Surgery
- St. Louis University Medical Center – Residency, Plastic Surgery
- Christine M. Kleinert Institute – Fellowship, Hand and Microsurgery
Check out these articles full of advice from Dr. Nouhan!
- Good Health KC (Spring 2012)
- KCH&G — Home, Interior, Outdoor, Lifestyle (February 2010)
- Enhance — Kansas City (Autumn 2008)
- Super Doctor in Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery: 2007 - 2008, 2011 - 2016
- Named one of the Top 5 Kansas City Plastic Surgeons (2002 The Squire Magazine)